[Storefront] [Archives] [Donations] »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Our Hiding Baby

I think we got our first dose of reality today when we found out that not every baby has a perfect pregnancy. Our midwife measured Christine's stomach today and found it to be 31cm. It was 33cm two weeks ago and should have been closer to 35cm. I'm not especially panicked about this size issue because I know that she has been growing (just in the tummy), and even in the last few weeks. BUT, there is a slight possibility there is something going on. We can't worry about this until we know more information.
He might be lower.
He might be more to the side.
He might even be hiding further back. Seriously.
They scheduled an appointment for Tuesday to have an ultrasound and measure more accurately. That will answer our questions and comfort our minds.

So remember kids, when you hide from your mommy or daddy, they aren't having fun.

0 comments: