I am ecstatic. Many expectant dads don't know how to respond and are caught off guard. There is usually fear and doubt. The lies in our head plague us: "You don't have what it takes, you can't provide for your family, you aren't responsible enough for fatherhood..." First of all these lies assume that a future dad has no help, that a future dad doesn't need to depend on God for anything... Pr. 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path. Second, these lies assume are not from God and a dad (or dad to be) shouldn't listen to them.
So how did I respond? I was right there when we took the tests and I was all smiles. I wanted to start telling everyone I knew. It has been a tough week because I really want some people to know, like Christine's mom and sister who have wanted us to have a baby for a while now. I really want to make my parents proud that they are going to be grandparents, something they will be very excited about.

0 comments:
Post a Comment