
True Service
Pregnancy is a great test on how good I really am at sacrificing for Christine. Just how willing am I to do anything for her? Because, really, I ought to be a good husband in preparation to be a good dad. The selfishness in my heart is exposed and the response of my heart is thorns instead of fruit. I become selfish, thinking only of how little I might have to do to "help" and then only after Christine lets me know she's not kidding- she really could use my help- then do I realize what I've done, and actually serve her.
Trial by Fire
The hard times and the busy times are a true test of whether or not you are willing to sacrifice. As a college athlete, I had to fight through the pain of an injury for weeks for my teammates. And yet today I found myself believing the lie that I didn't have to get Christine's to-go dinner together because I might be told that it didn't sound good. So I let the fear of rejection rule my heart instead of Christ who is in me.
Tomorrow
Today is done and Christine's pain and nausea are distracted by her sleep. But tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity. 2:30 I will get out of work and aside from hopefully working through a book for my class, I plan to serve. Sacrifice. LOVE.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Husband before dad
Posted by Kurt at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment