[Storefront] [Archives] [Donations] »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

8 Weeks and Growing


More dishes, and it's a privilege

If you think that because you don't have the growing tummy and the morning sickness and the upcoming labor pains you are getting off easy, you probably have another thing coming. During the first trimester, your wife is in a lot of pain. All the time. And this is normal, so what does it take for me to be Super Husband? It takes hard work. It takes putting off whatever it was you had planned and sitting next to the love of your life and just being. And it's back to dishes again because being an awesome husband and soon being an awesome dad means sacrifice.

So far so good

We are in the 9th week, and still going strong. By strong I mean constant nausia (normal), fatigue (normal), and a crazy appetite accompanied by nothing sounding good. By strong I also mean I am so proud of Christine for the amazing willpower she has. She is real tough, like a bulldog, but so beautiful and graceful, like a ballerina.

The real deal

It's time to tell some friends. We've told our immediate families. Now it's time to tell our closest friends and some of our relatives. We're excited, but it also kind of means the reality that not only are we definitely pregnant, but now people will really know. The reality that I am going to be a dad is starting to grow. I am starting to think more seriously about our future (Christine will laugh at this because I'm probably serious already). I'd like to be in a place where I can provide for my family, but actually see them!

School days

I've never been in school and had a wife who is pregnant. New chapter. I'm excited, but nervous about the times Christine might need me and I can't do my homework. Thankfully I'm only taking one class. It's going to be a great fall, our favorite time of year.

0 comments: