Christine and I heard a great line from Debbie Swinger yesterday that "someday you'll enjoy food again." Well, that sounds nice. I think for C, food is a necessary evil right now. Yesterday she had a pickle craving on our beach picnic. Sixty degrees and windy is not the best time for burgers and the beach, but it was so much fun playing boccie ball (sometimes 1 foot away) and laughing and talking about what it's going to be like to be a parent. We touched on our habits, both good and bad, as well as why we aren't fond of facebook as a window into our lives.
We are reading a great book together called Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend to try and wrap our minds around the concept of healthy boundaries in our lives before we bring our baby into our world of joys and sorrows. One thing we were excited about was the idea of sharing and exploring with our baby- going to the beach, seeing sunsets, climbing hills, and later teaching the words to every thing in sight.
I was driving to a house tonight to deliver a pizza and when I got to the cul-de-sac the "island" of trees and
landscaping in the center was covered with cute little toddlers waving at me and smiling, but anxious to get back to exploring and riding their power wheels. They were playing together and it was just amazing.
"I think I paid with a credit card..."
"Oh yeah, sorry. I kinda got lost in a daze watching the kids. We're expecting and I'm really excited."
"Yeah, you're going to love it."
Monday, August 31, 2009
Yeah, you're going to love it!
Posted by Kurt at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment